Friday, December 14, 2007

I Am Legend

I really wanted this movie to be good, but it wasn't. It's stubborn refusal to actually go anywhere with any of the intriguing developments it presented completely ruined it.

Why did the zombie leader not do anything except scream? If he was smart enough to set up a trap for Will Smith? Are their people out there who really think huge-mouthed screaming is that awesome or scary? And why are those people allowed to make movies? Now I just want to watch the Omega Man again and dream about the present-day big-budget blockbuster that could really do this movie right and pretend this movie'd never happened.

It almost felt like someone had come in and decided that the three-hour movie the first hour and a half seemed to be setting up were just too long and so they ripped off a page from the Judge Dredd playbook and decided to blow everything up.

I've hated this movie more every day since I watched it a week and a half ago.

No comments: