Sunday, August 26, 2007

Nightmare Alley

I definitely want to see this one again.

I wasn't expecting much. I just wanted to watch an old noir movie, and I didn't have any Netflix on hand, so I decided to try to find one on Netflix's Instant Viewing thing, but, surprisingly enough, it proved pretty hard to find old noir films they have ready for instant viewing. Nightmare Alley was the only one I found after about thirty minutes of searching, so I decided I'd settle for it. But I really was not expecting I'd find such an enjoyable little movie.

The whole "Are you going to marry her," seemed to me like a sinister version of that question as it's posed by all sorts of children, especially the way they forced Stan to marry the girl. It actually took me a couple of minutes to figure out that it might have been not as bizarre a thing for its setting. It was how they showed Stan had had sex with her.

wow I'm tired right now... write more later....

No comments: