Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thesis Statement

This post sort of functions as the thesis statement for this blog.

I wanted to start keeping track of every movie that I watched, plus where/when/w/whom I watched it. It seemed like a project that would be way easier to accomplish as a blog than on paper, since a blog could easily store everything and would allow easy searching for when I wanted to look back to see what I'd thought about a movie, or something.

The reason for wanting to do this in the first place is that I watch a lot of movies, and I wanted to start keeping some kind of record of that so I could look back and see just how many movies I'd watched, and also to prevent myself from becoming a totally passive viewer. If I'm going to be spending such a large portion of my time on this activity, I'd like to make it productive for myself in some way. I can't help it; I'm just built like that.

That said, what I'm not really interested in doing is rating or reviewing movies. A lot of movies that are technically bad end up making me think a lot more than movies that are technically very good. Or at least an equal amount. So this is my little space for that.

No comments: